Trinidad and Tobago Transparency Institute (TTTI) is the local chapter of Transparency International (TI), the civil society organization based in Berlin, Germany, that leads a global coalition in the ght against corruption. TTTI promotes and advocates improved standards of governance in both the public and private sectors through greater transparency and accountability as a means of reducing corruption. To this end, TTTI is seeking to recruit a suitably quali ed candidate to apply for the position of Business Integrity Country Agenda (BICA) Researcher for a twelve (12) month period. Transparency International’s Business Integrity Country Agenda (BICA) seeks to create a relevant body of evidence on business integrity in a given country, a widely shared agenda for reform and a collective momentum for change towards more business integrity among key stakeholders. TI envisages that the BICA will become important reference points for ghting corruption in business practices within countries and around the globe.
Minimum Experience and Training
- An extensive background in business administration, public administration, law or another related social science
- Proven expertise in research and analysis on anti-corruption, with particularly strong knowledge of the country’s business integrity issues
- The ability to present comprehensive data and analysis in an easy-to-understand and appealing way for policy and advocacy purposes
- An excellent understanding of the legal framework regarding business integrity and public service processes (for example, public procurement, customs and taxes)
- Solid experience in working with/applying quantitative indicators and rating methodologies
- Proven experience in using participatory research techniques involving stakeholders from multiple backgrounds
- Proven experience in conducting expert interviews Familiarity with the transparency, accountability and anti-corruption procedures of companies
Key roles and responsibilities
- Prepare for and attend the assessment kick-off workshop
- Support preparation and participate in kick-off workshop with National Advisory Group (NAG)
- Support decision on local adaptations
- Research, assess and document the assessment for all indicators of the BICA Assessment Framework within the agreed timeline and based on the standards laid out in the Conceptual Framework for a BICA assessment
- Conduct expert interviews per indicator if data is not available
- Interact with TTTI as well as members of the NAG (mentors) on the various thematic areas regarding data collection, scoring
- Participate in monthly progress calls with BICA project team (from TTTI as well as TI)
- Write draft BICA Assessment Report
- Support preparation and participate in at least one major review meeting with the National Advisory Group
- Revise draft BICA assessment report based on feedback from national chapter, NAG and TI
- Contribute to promotional events surrounding the launch of the BICA report
- Participate in subsequent internal strategizing and action planning workshop
Tenders must be submitted with the following:
Tenders are to be submitted and enclosed in a sealed envelope and deposited in the Tenders Box in TTTI’s office, no later than 14th June 2017.
The envelopes must be submitted to: Secretary – Trinidad and Tobago Transparency Institute, Building 7, Fernandes Industrial Centre, Eastern Main Road, Laventille
Late tenders will not be considered under any circumstances.
The opening of tenders will be conducted at 9:00AM on 22nd June 2017 at TTTI’s o ces.
Please visit TTTI’s website for the complete Tender Notice www. transparency.org.tt
The Deposit Slot of the Tender Box measures 8cm (3.25 inches) high and 30cm (12 inches) wide. Please ensure that the Tender package is able to t the slot. Larger packages will not be accepted.