There is a clear link between governance, corruption and ethical behavior. Poor governance creates myriad opportunities for corruption. Good governance does the opposite. A culture of integrity, therefore, is the antidote for corruption. The Trinidad & Tobago Transparency Institute (TTTI) is the catalyst that promotes the anti-corruption message throughout the region.
TTTI serves its nation by:
- Encouraging the effectiveness of the Integrity Commission as an Anti Corruption Agency,
- Promoting the regulation of Political Party Funding,
- Advocating Transparency in Public Sector Procurement, and in procedures for Countering Bribery and Conflict of Interest,
- Advocating and monitoring the adoption of TI’s Integrity Pact and the wider use of public consultation for major public projects.
- Educating and Training Civil Society Organizations on how individuals and organizations can implement offensive measures against corruption.
A sample of our activities since our inception includes:
- Annual anti-corruption conferences on relevant topics
- Caribbean Outreach to Jamaica, Guyana, Suriname, Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
- Introduction of Business Ethics Frameworks to SMEs
- Consultations with Civil Society Organizations and development of a CSO accountability toolkit
- Advocacy on current governance and anti-corruption issues
- Regular news articles and live TV interviews