Results of the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2019

The CPI ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption, drawing on 13 expert assessments and surveys of business executives. It uses a scale of zero (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean).

More than two-thirds of countries score below 50, with an average score of only 43. Since 2012, only 22 countries have significantly improved their scores, including Estonia, Greece and Guyana. Twenty-one have significantly declined, including Australia, Canada and Nicaragua.

Our research shows several of the most advanced economies cannot afford to be complacent if they are to keep up their anti-corruption momentum. Four G7 countries score lower than last year: Canada (-4), France (-3), the UK (-3) and the US (-2). Germany and Japan have seen no improvement, while Italy gained one point.

Recommendations

To reduce corruption and restore trust in politics, Transparency International recommends that governments:

• Reinforce checks and balances and promote separation of powers.
  • Tackle preferential treatment to ensure budgets and public services aren’t driven by personal connections or biased towards special interests;
  • Control political financing to prevent excessive money and influence in politics;
  • Manage conflicts of interest and address “revolving doors”;
  • Regulate lobbying activities by promoting open and meaningful access to decision-making;
  • Strengthen electoral integrity and prevent and sanction misinformation campaigns;
  • Empower citizens and protect activists, whistleblowers and journalists;

Review the Map

Review the Dataset

Learn More ›

Comments(10)

1. try these out says

For the reason that the admin of this web site is working, no doubt very soon it will be well-known,
    due to its feature contents.

2. sữa enfagrow nắp đỏ says

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth
    be told was a leisure account it. Look advanced to more introduced agreeable from you!
    However, how can we be in contact?

3. bách hóa tổng hợp cc shop says

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog?
    I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to
    start. Do you have any tips or suggestions?

Appreciate it

4. sữa enfagrow premium mỹ says

Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make
    my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got
    your design. Many thanks

5. sữa enfamil neuropro nhập khẩu says

It’s hard to come by knowledgeable people about this subject,
    however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about!

Thanks

6. www.leefriendstreeservice.com says

I think the admin of this website is actually working hard for his web page, since
    here every material is quality based material.

7. audemars piguet royal oak replica says

Why You Should Stay Away From Audemars Piguet Fake Models?

There are a variety of products on the market as an alternative to products that have high
    prices and are difficult to buy. Although some of these are replicas of the original
    product, there are also fake products. In this article,
    we will examine why you should stay away from fake products and
    Audemars Piguet fake watch models. By reading our article, you can learn about these areas and
    learn how to distinguish fake products.

8. Debra says

This is a topic that is near to my heart… Best wishes! Exactly where are your contact details though?

9. sữa enfamil ngoại nhập says

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark
    your blog and will come back later on. I want to encourage that you
    continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

10. Google says

We prefer to honor quite a few other world wide web web pages on the web, even if they arent linked to us, by linking to them. Beneath are some webpages really worth checking out.